Saturday 14 April 2012

A Poem I Wrote When I Was 14

I found this in one of my old school folders...I remember making sure this had heaps of meaning in it and that it was something that I strongly felt...I used to write poems all the time when I was younger and remember getting really frustrated with myself for not being able to write this poem that was needed for school...but I eventually did it and thought I'd share...

"I hate this place
I want to leave
But I have no place to go

If I could go
I’d fly away
And never come back home

All these eyes
Are glued to me
Creating pictures that lie

Suffocated by the misery
It strangles me
As each day passes by

I have no choice
But to cover up
My hatred for this world

Now let me hide
And cry inside
Don’t care for this broken girl

Your pathetic attempt
To understand
Has failed a million times

All I need
Is your guidance
To show me where hope shines

As inevitable as the rising sun
All blame is laid on me
Regardless of my story

Seeking for redemption
From living life confused
Don’t want another sorry

And what a waste
It would be
A life full of energy and youth

But only I
Would know about
The anger, the pain, the truth"

No comments:

Post a Comment